Your day-to-day as an apprentice
As a part of the Schotpoort apprenticeship programme, you will be working as a logistics employee in one of our warehouses. The programme combines four days of paid labour with the fifth day of education at your educational institution.
During your work as a logistics employee, you will be responsible for collecting and preparing shipments for transportation and assisting in the loading and unloading of our trucks. This essential practical knowledge combined with theoretical education prepares you for a job at Schotpoort Logistics after your graduation.
If you are following an apprenticeship programme in which you are training to become a commercial transport driver, you will also be assigned a mentor driver for the duration of the programme. Together with your mentor driver, you will be conducting several standard delivery trips and routes to gain additional practical information. After you have graduated and obtained a CE drivers license with code 95, you can immediately start a career as one of our lorry drivers.
“The organisation gave me the opportunity to develop myself. As a result, I have progressed from logistics employee and driver to a position in planning.” – Mart, Junior transport planner
What do we have to offer?
- A salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement Commercial Transport Driver TLN (can vary depending on the educational institution);
- A permanent employment contract after obtaining your graduation;
- 24 holidays and 3,5 days of paid leave;
- During the programme, 32 working hours in one of our warehouses, with the possibility of 40 hours afterwards;
- Modern and safe working equipment;
- The pleasant informal working environment of a family business;
- Extensive support and additional development opportunities;
Who are you?
You are currently pursuing a BBL 2 education as either: a Commercial Transport Driver or Logistics employee. During the apprenticeship programme at Schotpoort Logistics, you will develop your skills as a logistics professional and gain experience in the logistics sector. You will become the type of employee who does not get bogged down by the challenges but instead enjoys finding solutions. You will actively try to improve the processes of our clients.
- Are pursuing a career as a Commercial Transport Driver or Logistics employee
- Are able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with your colleagues, suppliers and clients;
- Will have a forklift certificate (The certificate can also be obtained during your employment at Schotpoort).
Looking to join our team?
Eager to work for Schotpoort Logistics? Apply for one of our vacancies and you might soon be sitting down with us to discuss the possibilities over a cup of coffee!